Fund For Children YOUTHadelphia Grants
The Fund For Children was established thanks to contributions from the Philadelphia Eagles football and the Philadelphia Phillies baseball teams through a lease arrangement with the City of Philadelphia.
The $2 million annual investment supports YOUTHadelphia Grants, along with two other grant programs.
For nonprofits serving this population
Children from 12 to 18 years old in Philadelphia County
Priority given to
- Those able to demonstrate that at least 50% of those they serve or represent are low-income.
- Those with operating budgets under $5 million.
Common Requirements For All Grant Applicants
- Must complete child abuse clearance and criminal background checks for all staff and volunteers who work with youth.
- Organizations may apply for only one of the following grant types per year: Fund for Children, Organizational Effectiveness, and General Operating Support.
- Organizations currently receiving Organizational Effectiveness, General Operating Support, Supporting Grants or Strategic Investment in Youth Grants may apply for YOUTHadelphia grants.
- Organizations may receive a YOUTHadelphia grant only once every 12 months.
- Written, board-approved policies regarding whistle-blowing, conflict of interest, and document retention and destruction.
- Interim or permanent executive leadership in place for at least three months.
- Limited familial relationships among board and staff members.
Amount of Grants
Spring YOUTHadelphia: Up to $5,000
Fall YOUTHadelphia: Up to $10,000
Total grant amount cannot be more than 10% of the organization’s budget.
Types of Projects Funded
Youth-led programs serving youth aged 12 to 18 and meeting bi-annual priorities set by Youth in Philanthropy Committee.
The Spring Deadline is typically at the end of March or beginning of April. The Fall deadline is typically at the end of October or beginning of November.
All dates, including the Request for Proposal Release Information Session, will be announced in a community eblast and through The Philadelphia Foundation’s Facebook Page. Deadlines and grant priorities will be included on the application.
You may also call the Foundation at 215-563-6417 to request information about the current deadline.
To receive the eblast, sign up for enews and select “Receive News About YOUTHadelphia.”