The Value of Strong Nonprofits
We target our general funding base to increase the effectiveness of nonprofits – to strengthen their leadership and staff, their operations and their long-term viability.
We do this because nonprofits benefit the entire community. They:
- Provide the structure to address a cause, present a program, build a neighborhood or support a particular community.
- Ensure the quality delivery of essential services, such as education and health care.
- Help the corporate sector attract a qualified workforce by improving the region’s quality of life.
- Lessen the burden on government and taxpayers to provide and pay for a wide range of human services.
Types of Support All Nonprofits Need
No matter how dedicated and visionary a particular nonprofit may be, no matter what its specific mission is, all nonprofits need:
- An effective structure – for the staff, management and governing body.
- Fiscally sound practices, day-in and day-out.
- A strategic plan.
- Practices that comply with tax and legal requirements.
- The facilities, technology and equipment to function efficiently.
- A leadership pipeline.
- Long-term financial support through an endowment and planned giving program.
Services We Provide To Nonprofits
We build nonprofits through:
- Grants that provide funding for structural improvements.
- Building the endowments of nonprofits who have entrusted us with growing their long-term financial resources. More >
- Workshops that enable nonprofit staff members to build their skills. More >
- Convening nonprofits that share common interests and concerns.
- Encouraging our fund holders and the community to sustain effective nonprofits with General Operating Support rather than money for specific programs, buildings or other restricted purposes.