Fund For Children Strategic Investment in Youth Grants
The Fund For Children was established thanks to contributions from the Philadelphia Eagles football and the Philadelphia Phillies baseball teams through a lease arrangement with the City of Philadelphia.
The $2 million annual investment supports Strategic Investment in Youth Grants, along with two other grant programs.
For nonprofits serving this population
Children from 12 to 18 in Philadelphia County
Priority given to
- Those able to demonstrate that at least 50% of those they serve or represent are low-income.
- Those with operating budgets under $5 million.
Common Requirements For All Grant Applicants
- Operating budget above $100,000.
- Must complete child abuse clearance and criminal background checks for all staff and volunteers who work with youth.
- Organizations may apply for only one of the following grant types per year: Fund for Children, Organizational Effectiveness, and General Operating Support.
- Organizations currently receiving Organizational Effectiveness, General Operating Support, Supporting Grants or Strategic Investment in Youth Grants may apply for YOUTHadelphia grants.
- Written, board-approved policies regarding whistle-blowing, conflict of interest, and document retention and destruction.
- Interim or permanent executive leadership in place for at least three months.
- Limited familial relationships among board and staff members.
Amount of Grants
$10,000 to $50,000
Total grant amount cannot be more than 10% of the organization’s budget.
Types of Projects Funded
Programs serving youth aged 12 to 18 that engage participants in leadership activities.