Fund For Children Supporting Grants
The Fund For Children was established thanks to contributions from the Philadelphia Eagles football and the Philadelphia Phillies baseball teams through a lease arrangement with the City of Philadelphia.
The $2 million annual investment funds Supporting Grants, along with two other grant programs.
For nonprofits serving this population
Children from birth to 18 years old in Philadelphia County
Priority given to
- Those able to demonstrate that at least 50% of those they serve or represent are low-income.
- Those with operating budgets under $5 million.
Common Requirements For All Grant Applicants
- Must complete child abuse clearance and criminal background checks for all staff and volunteers who work with youth.
- Organizations may apply for only one of the following grant types per year: Fund for Children, Organizational Effectiveness, and General Operating Support.
- Organizations currently receiving Organizational Effectiveness, General Operating Support, Supporting Grants or Strategic Investment in Youth Grants may apply for YOUTHadelphia grants.
- Written, board-approved policies regarding whistle-blowing, conflict of interest, and document retention and destruction.
- Interim or permanent executive leadership in place for at least three months.
- Limited familial relationships among board and staff members.
Amount of Grants
Up to $10,000
Total grant amount cannot be more than 10% of the organization’s budget.
Types of Projects Funded
Short-term activities at the local level in which children and youth, from birth to 18 years old, have active participation.