For nonprofits serving this population:
Greater Philadelphia (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in PA and Burlington and Camden counties in NJ).
Priority given to:
- Those able to demonstrate that at least 70% of those they serve or represent are low-income
- Those with operating budgets under $5 million
Common requirements for all grant applicants:
- Operating budget less than $10 million
- 501c3 status
- List of Board of Directors and their affiliations
- Three years of financial data (e.g. audits, IRS Forms 990, etc.)
- One Full Time Equivalent (FTE) Staff Person
- Current PA Bureau of Charitable Organizations Certificate
- Executive summary of current strategic plan or logic model if operating less than three years
- In compliance with the Philadelphia Foundation’s non-discrimination policy
- Not an ineligible organization
- No deficit of more than 10% for the past year.
- Operating Budget above $100,000.
- Must complete child abuse clearance and criminal background checks for all staff and volunteers who work with youth.
- Written, board-approved policies regarding whistle-blowing, conflict of interest, and document retention and destruction.
- Interim or permanent executive leadership in place for at least three months.
- Limited familial relationships among board and staff members.
Amounts of grants:
Grant amounts range between $15,000 and $30,000.
Grants to organizations that are national or state-wide will be pro-rated based upon their work in Greater Philadelphia.