For nonprofits serving this population:
Greater Philadelphia (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in PA and Burlington and Camden counties in NJ). Organizations must support Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) and other historically marginalized and under-invested communities.
Priority given to:
- Those able to demonstrate that at least 70% of those served are low-income and are considered marginalized.
Common requirements for all grant applicants:
- 501(c)(3) IRS determination letter for organization or fiscal sponsor
- List of Board of Directors and their affiliations (or Advisory Board for fiscally sponsored groups)
- Three years of financial data (e.g. audits, IRS Forms 990, etc.)
- One Full Time Equivalent (FTE) Staff Person
- Current PA Bureau of Charitable Organizations Certificate
- Executive Summary of current strategic plan
- Board-approved Nondiscrimination Policy that is in compliance with the Philadelphia Foundation’s non-discrimination policy
- Organizational Budget
- Program Budget Form
- Not an ineligible organization
- Program Logic Model if available
- Operating Budget above $100,000
- Must have documented outcomes and evaluation data for at least one year of program service delivery.
- Child abuse clearances including PA Child Abuse History Clearance, criminal history, and FBI fingerprinting are up to date for all project/program staff and volunteers working with children/youth.
- Interim or permanent executive leadership in place for at least three months.
- Limited familial relationships among board and staff members.
Amounts of grants:
Not more than 10% of the organization’s budget or maximum of $30,000.
Types of projects funded:
Grants are restricted and will only support program-related activities. Successful applicants will deliver results-oriented programs with a track record of successes and proven outcomes for low-income and marginalized communities.
Applications are due by 12:00 midnight on 9/11/23.