For nonprofits serving this population:
Priority given to:
- Those able to demonstrate that at least 50% of those they serve or represent are low-income
Common requirements for all grant applicants:
- 501(c)(3) IRS determination letter
- List of Board of Directors and their affiliations
- Three years of financial data (e.g. audits, IRS Forms 990, etc.)
- One Full Time Equivalent (FTE) Staff Person
- Current PA Bureau of Charitable Organizations Certificate
- Executive Summary of current strategic plan
- Board-approved Nondiscrimination Policy that is in compliance with the Philadelphia Foundation’s non-discrimination policy
- Organizational Budget
- Program Budget Form
- Not an ineligible organization
- Operating Budget above $100,000
- Must have documented outcomes and evaluation data for at least one year of program service delivery.
- Must complete child abuse clearance and criminal background checks for all staff and volunteers who work with youth.
- Interim or permanent executive leadership in place for at least three months.
- Limited familial relationships among board and staff members.
Amounts of grants:
Not more than 10% of the organization’s budget or maximum of $30,000.
Types of projects funded:
Organizations seeking impact program grants who can demonstrate a strong history of direct service delivery to vulnerable populations through quantitative and qualitative data will be most competitive. Programs should be connected to local and/or national systems change efforts and clearly demonstrate how they improve the lives of those they serve. Organizations seeking funding for pilot programs should demonstrate prior success in delivering outcomes-based initiatives and achieving desired outcomes for targeted populations.
The 2020 application will be posted later this year.