For nonprofits offering these programs
The purpose of the fund is to benefit visual fine artists from the Greater Philadelphia area by providing funds for the following:
- Grants to local or national museums or other charitable organizations that request funding for the purchase or commission of works of art by specific artists from the Greater Philadelphia area
- Grants to local or national museums for the funding of one-person exhibitions of specific artists from the Greater Philadelphia area
- Grants to nonprofit organizations as fiscal agents for individual artists or groups of artists from the Greater Philadelphia area who propose to start or are engaged in continuing educational, cultural, humanitarian or environmental projects.
“Fine Artists” means those who work in the visual – as distinguished from the performing — arts: working in two- or three- dimensions who employ the media of painting, drawing, printmaking, photography or sculpture.
The Greater Philadelphia area is defined as Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania and Burlington, Camden, Gloucester and Mercer counties in New Jersey.
- 501c3 status
- The organization must have created, curated, produced, or presented at least three professional public exhibits or projects within the last five years.
- If the organization is a religious institution, it may only apply for nonsectarian activities.
- The organization must have adopted a non-discrimination policy including race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability and any other legally protected characteristics.
The grant cannot be used for activities completed prior to the application.
Amount of Grants
Grants in amounts ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 will be awarded in 2021.
This grant does not cover the following:
- Private foundations
- Intermediary funding agencies
- Government agencies
- Endowment or capital projects or campaigns
- Advocacy or lobbying activities
The grant application process is not open to individual artists.
Questions About This Grant