For nonprofits serving this population:
Priority given to:
- Those able to demonstrate that at least 50% of those they serve or represent are low-income
Common requirements for all grant applicants:
- 501(c)(3) IRS determination letter
- List of Board of Directors and their affiliations
- Short bios of three most senior staff
- Three years of financial data (e.g. audits, IRS Forms 990, etc.)
- Current PA Bureau of Charitable Organizations Certificate
- Copy of current strategic plan
- Board-approved Nondiscrimination Policy that is in compliance with the Philadelphia Foundation’s non-discrimination policy
- Organizational Budget
- One Full Time Equivalent (FTE) Staff Person
- Not an ineligible organization
- Operating Budget above $100,000
- Must complete child abuse clearance and criminal background checks for all staff and volunteers who work with youth.
- Interim or permanent executive leadership in place for at least three months.
- Limited familial relationships among board and staff members.
Amounts of grants:
Not more than 10% of the organization’s budget or maximum of $30,000.
The 2019 application deadline is July 26.