For nonprofits serving this population:
Greater Philadelphia (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in PA and Burlington and Camden counties in NJ).
Priority given to:
- Those able to demonstrate that at least 70% of those served can be categorized as low-income and as marginalized.
Common requirements for all grant applicants:
- 501(c)(3) IRS determination letter for organization or fiscal sponsor
- List of Board of Directors and their affiliations (or Advisory Board for fiscally sponsored groups)
- Short bios of three most senior staff
- Most recent audit or if not available, IRS Form 990 or Profit/Loss Statement
- Current PA Bureau of Charitable Organizations Certificate
- Executive Summary of current strategic plan
- Board-approved Nondiscrimination Policy that is in compliance with the Philadelphia Foundation’s non-discrimination policy
- Organizational Budget
- One Full Time Equivalent (FTE) Staff Person
- Not an ineligible organization
- Operating Budget above $100,000
- Must complete child abuse clearance and criminal background checks for all staff and volunteers who work with youth.
- Interim or permanent executive leadership in place for at least three months.
- Limited familial relationships among board and staff members.
Amounts of grants:
Grant amounts range from $10,000 to $50,000.
To be considered for a grant in April 2022, applications should be received by February 28
To be considered for a grant in November 2022, applications should be received by September 9 (Application window opens in August)